I’m back with the continuation of the fight for balance! And the one on the mat can also strengthen the one in life.
I was delighted with your successes at the first workshop of this series! You also asked for a continuation and a follow-up. Therefore, I invite you to the next workshop.
The headstand (Sirasana) is called the queen of asanas. Inverted positions are unique due to the reversal of the direction of the force of gravity on the body. The blood circulation then changes and the upper body receives a greater supply of pure, oxygenated blood. This nourishes the brain, thyroid and parathyroid glands. Due to this, the benefits of standing on the head include: regeneration of the nervous system and regulation of hormones. Increased fluid flow in the body also stimulates the work of the blood and lymphatic systems. In addition to pro-health, standing on the head also allows you to face fear. It adds self-confidence, vitality and energy. On the part of the motor apparatus, Sirasana strengthens the muscles of the arms, back and ‘core’. It teaches body awareness and mind discipline because finding balance in this position requires a great deal of concentration.
The workshop will include 2 modules:
- 11:00 – 12:45 1. The ‘core’ will burn
- 13:30 – 15:15 2. Try to lift up your head
During both of them, you will:
- warm up the body in the style of vinyasa yoga,
- calm down and stretch at the end,
- relax in the sounds of koshi bells.
11:00 – 12:45 Module 1. The ‘core’ will burn
- we will focus on strengthening the core muscles so that they are able to lift us into the air,
- we will work with preparation exercises that will tame fear and teach you to enter the sirasana position gently,
- I will show you how to stand on your head in the correct way and what to pay attention to in order to make this position safe,
- I will teach you two techniques of standing on your head and different ways of entering the position,
- I will also propose “in the air” exercises that will consolidate and elevate your sirasana to a higher level.
13:30 – 15:15 Module 2. Try to lift up your head
- we will open the chest more intensively,
- we will strengthen our arms and shoulders,
- we will work with exercises preparing to stand on the forearms,
- we will try to tear our head off the ground and find the balance a little higher.
Let me remind you that this is a workshop and not a test. No experience is needed. Also, do not be afraid that you are too weak. The vast majority of workshops is about preparation and strengthening for inverted positions. The level is suitable for everyone. We work with respect for our body and within our scope. It is also not necessary to make a full headstand position if the stress is too much.
Signing up is necessary. Please contact me to enroll for the workshops or if you have any questions.